Summary: In this key position our Brand Manager is responsible for every aspect of branding and merchandising. The primary responsibility is to exceed all merchandising and warehouse expectations, including SOP execution on a daily basis. This will be accomplished by teaching, training, and developing the Brand Team in their understanding and application of Foundational Excellence (SOP, Talent, and Leadership).Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Staffing and Scheduling – Ensure that the Brand Team is fully staffed with the right number of people with the right talent to meet SOP expectations. Ensure that the team is scheduled to optimize productivity and efficiency.
- Training – Ensure that all Brand Team members have completed training and demonstrate the ability to effectively execute to company expectations all new (or promoted) hire and ongoing training modules. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Coaching and one-on-one training methods
- Practice through role playing with feedback
- SOP execution
- Leadership skill development
- MOD and SFL – Takes complete ownership of the Manager on Duty and Sales Floor Leader role when assigned. In both roles takes ownership of financial outcomes through behaviors outlined in the Sales SOP and Operations SOP.
- Store Experience – Ensure that the store is “Grand Opening Ready” by overseeing all aspects of merchandising, visual, labeling, and janitorial. Ensure that Daily Task Lists are completed.
- Guest Engagement – Ensure that all members of the Brand Team are engaging guests throughout the store.
- Floor Prep and Warehouse – Ensure that all product is being moved according to status. Ensure that all merchandise is properly inventoried.
- CPU – Ensure that guest engagement, customer service, and product flow are executed with excellence.
- Assessment – Able to identify current reality by completing accurate monthly assessments of people and processes for Branding according to the current monthly assessment rhythm.
- Performance Management – Able to change current reality through gap management and by creating business plans for:
- People – able to tell a story of the growth and development of the Brand Team based on behaviors
- People – able to index talent and develop leadership skills of the team
- Process – able to tell a story of how each Brand SOP inconsistency and/or opportunity has shown improvement
- Team Leadership – Able to build and lead the Brand Supervisors to achieve goals and complete tasks. Able to bring energy to the entire Brand Team motivating them to greatness.
- Partnerships – Able to build productive working relationships with:
- General Manager
- Sales Managers and Operations Manager
- Brand Managers of other stores
- Distribution Team
- Buying Team
- Director of Branding and Regional Brand Manager
- Retail Support Team
- SOP – Adhere to all company standard operating policies and procedures.
- Complete other duties assigned at the discretion of management.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years of retail experience in a “Big Box” establishment preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
Living Spaces Retail Values
We expect all retail team members to understand and live the following values while on the job. We believe these are critical in creating an environment and culture where a team of world class leaders, regardless of title or position, create the best possible team member, guest, and financial outcomes for Living Spaces Furniture.
- Show integrity, objectivity, and adaptability
- Do things for people, not to people
- Work in unity to deliver greatness while building for the future
- Lead in service to others
The annual review will be accompanied by a discussion of how results are supported by SOP, Talent, and Leadership. A list of the annual review criteria is provided at the time of hire and is available at any time on request.Qualification Summary
- Demonstrates key Talent behaviors (Capacity, Commitment, Coachability, Self-Assess, Collaborate, and Self-Initiate).
- Demonstrates key Leadership skills, starting with the ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members.
- Demonstrates key Training skills, starting with the ability to coach and provide effective feedback.
- Demonstrates effective analytical skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced retail environment and adapt to the changing needs of the business.
- Ability to work flexible retail hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Basic knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The team member is frequently required to stand; climb or balance and stop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The team member is occasionally required to sit. To perform the Brand Manager job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.