|Baywood Court is committed to seniors so they may age in health, happiness and dignity.
Baywood Court, a very active non-profit, multi-level retirement community nestled in Castro Valley within walking distance from BART and bus, is in search of dynamic individuals to work in our Skilled Nursing Facility. Your motivation, compassion, passion to work with people (specifically seniors), positive energy, and eye for detail, will lead you into a successful and rewarding career.
We are a 24/7 facility therefore one must be able to work weekends and holidays as required.All applicants are required to complete and pass a drug screening, physical exam with tuberculosis (TB) skin test, and criminal clearance through FBI and Department of Justice. The background search includes minor misdemeanors and DUIs.
Certified Nursing Assistant position:
Minimum pay is $14.75 -16.50/hr DOE with shift differentials for PM and NOC.(1) FT day shift available (700 am to 330 pm) and casual positions, all shifts.
- Assist residents with dressing, grooming, eating, bathing, positioning, turning, toileting, exercising, and range of motion.
- Assist residents with transfers, ambulation, and exercises under the direction of therapists.
- Perform selected procedures such as; taking vital signs, collecting specimens, enemas, application of anti-embolism stockings, admission, transfers and discharge procedures.
- Deliver care in a manner that preserves/protects resident autonomy, dignity and rights; is non-judgmental and non-discriminatory.
- Maintain resident confidentiality.
- Answer call lights promptly; anticipate residents’ needs and make timely rounds to assigned residents.
- Change bed linens, make beds and keep rooms clean and orderly.
Ability to read, write and speak in English using proper speech and grammar.Must be able to write and document in the ADL’s Form.Current CNA CertificateCurrent CPR CertificationAt least one (1) year working experience as a CNA in a long term care setting preferred.
What Baywood Court Can Offer You:
- Competitive Wages
- Generous PTO package (accrue up to 20 days within first year)
- Eligible to enroll in the medical, dental, vision, life insurance plans the 1st of the month following 30 days of employment
- Retirement savings – 403(b) with employer match up to 3%
- Scholarships available for students currently in college or a certified trade school
- Company functions — Summer Outings, BBQs, Holiday Party, Monthly All Staff Meetings, Halloween Costume Contest, etc.
- Use of health and wellness services – swimming pool, gym, yoga classes to name a few
- Sense of fulfillment and opportunity to form meaningful relationships with the elderly
- Safety bingo — black out prize is $500!
Baywood Court is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.75 /hour
- High school or equivalent
Required license or certification:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)