EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO WORK
WITH A GLOBAL LEADER IN STORED ENERGY SOLUTIONS.
COMPETITIVE SALARY, GREAT
BENEFITS, INCENTIVE ELIGIBILITY AND CAREER GROWTH!
We are seeking a Field Service Technician who will be required
to perform both in shop and field service work in the underground
mine environment. Plans and coordinates activities concerned with
installing equipment, investigating and resolving customer reports
of technical problems with equipment, and eliminating future
operational or service difficulties by performing the following
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of the
Field Service Technician include the following:
- Travel to customer sites to
install, repair, and perform preventative maintenance to customer’s
equipment to include flooded and sealed batteries, chargers and DC
power distribution equipment (cable trays, battery racks and power
- Interacts with all levels of people, both inside and outside
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the
equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team
members and customers.
- Performs preventative maintenance inspections of customers
batteries, chargers, battery handling equipment, and battery
changing/charging area and records data.
- Replaces defective parts, reassembles battery, and fuses lead
parts with gas torch.
- Determines specific gravity of solution.
- Waters, Washes, cleans, and neutralizes customer’s batteries at
- Installs equipment at customer’s facility to ensure full
functionality according to specifications.
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and
- Maintains records of performance reports.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as listed, but not
limited to: warranty, safety, environmental, OSHA, DOT Hazmat, and
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the
company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the
To perform the Field Service Technician job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- 80 Hour Underground MSHA certificate.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; or industry related
experience and/or training in Installation, Maintenance, and
Repair; or equivalent combination of education and experience in
Manufacturing and/or Production.
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Certificate
– 80 hours completion.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the Internet.
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Previous experience working with hand and power tools.
- Previous customer service experience in field support.
- Able to read with comprehension and write documents (such as
customer correspondences, memos and reports) in English.
- Able to perform basic math and solve simple equations.
- Able and willing to travel to customer sites.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
with minimal traffic violations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to drive a company
- Able and willing to operate a forklift truck.
- Must be able to do overnight travel.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and frequently
bend, twist, reach, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Must have hand dexterity to manipulate and handle
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily continuous
basis. Any lifting over 50 pounds will be done with the assistance
of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another
- A basic electrical understanding.
- The use of test equipment and reading schematics.
- Electrical experience in troubleshooting or repairs, i.e. auto,
Safety is our number one priority. Therefore,
appropriate measure are taken by EnerSys to ensure the safety of
all our employees.
The employee will perform work in an underground environment;
this environment will require specific training done at each mine
site. The employee will work in both low seam (appox 42”
high) and high seam (approx 84” high) openings. Employee will
need to be able to transport, diagnose, repair, and remove all
tools and parts in high production areas. This type of environment
presents challenges to completing work tasks. Employee will need to
work with mine personnel to receive rides to and from sections and
get access to machines. Employees working in the mining field will
be required to submit to initial medical testing and periodic
medical testing thereafter as a “requirement “ of the
position. This testing may include a Pulmonary Function Test, a
chest x ray, audiograms, blood tests, and if required by regulation
or other business needs, this medical testing may be expanded as
deemed necessary by EnerSys to ensure employees health and safety
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/ks9dvv5ncbsg2yhp