Founded in 2003, Cambria Solutions, Inc. (Cambria) is a national information technology and management consulting firm headquartered in Sacramento, California, with offices in Los Angeles, California; Olympia, Washington; Tallahassee, Florida; and, Atlanta, Georgia.
Cambria builds custom-tailored solutions helping clients successfully deliver their most important projects and solve their most difficult challenges using ingenuity and a distinctly humanized approach, something we like to call HumanGenuity™.
Since its founding, the company has experienced double-digit growth nearly every year. Cambria has been recognized six times by Inc. Magazine as one of the nation’s 5000 fastest-growing private companies, most recently in 2014. Cambria was also selected in 2014 as one of Consulting magazine’s “Seven Small Jewels.”
Cambria Solutions seeks a full-time financial analyst. He/she will support the accounting and finance team during a very busy period.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Analyze financial status and performance by gathering, studying and monitoring actual, budget and forecast data.
- Produce and deliver financial reports and analyses.
- Design and maintain systems and collaborative processes for analyzing cost and financial performance, provide support and instruction for use thereof.
- Prepare and submit periodic business filings, including sales & other commercial tax filings and informative disclosures.
- Provide back-up for staff accountant.
- Perform other related finance/accounting tasks as assigned.
Essential Job Duties
- Maintain multiple spreadsheets by entering, verifying, comparing, and correcting data.
- Continuously monitor/verify consistency across all related spreadsheets and notify of any discrepancies.
- Create file enhancements and process improvements.
- Project Forecasting
- Ensure that a project forecast template exists for all active projects; assist Project Managers (PMs) in the setup of new files as new projects are executed. Assist PMs in diagnosing problems with existing Project Forecast files and making any necessary edits/corrections. The data initialized into these files should agree with the project plan data in the associated project cost workbooks.
- Whenever an existing project is amended to increase the total spending authorized, or extended to a later date than originally planned, assist the PMs in making needed revisions to the existing associated Project Forecast file.
- Audit the formulas and formatting in each Project Forecast file for integrity and consistency, and correct as needed.
- Regularly run financial reports from the accounting system and place in a shared environment for use by project management.
- Consolidated Forecasting
- Continuously update and maintain the systems and reports for generating consolidated revenue, cost and margin forecasts and associated performance metrics and charts.
- Utilization & Availability Measurement
- Verify that the hours data provided by consulting staff agree with the Project Forecast files.
- Cash Position Forecasting
- Enter forecast collections in Cash Forecast according to individual Project Forecasts and expected collections timing.
- Replace forecast inflows data with actual invoice and collections information as this information become available.
- Update the outflows according to labor utilization forecast and actuals data.
- Weekly Analysis
- Prepare and send an analysis each week based on the most updated forecast revisions, including summary observations, change highlights, process compliance and actionables/problem resolutions.
- Tax and Other Statutory Reporting
- Ensure that company remains punctual and current with all required filings
- Includes quarterly estimated federal & state income taxes, various commercial taxes, fees, licenses, registrations as well as informative disclosures (CMAS, MSA, DES, etc.)
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principals
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access). Excel tools use complex lookup, database and Boolean logical formulas, dynamic links to remote files, visual basic macros, etc. that require maintenance
- Experience/familiarity with QuickBooks preferred
- Strong demonstrated organizational, time management, and multi-tasking abilities
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Dedication to accuracy and excellent customer service
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal business communication skills, and ability to interact successfully with internal and external customers at all levels
Education and Relevant Work Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Business preferred
- At least 1 – 3 years accounting/finance related work experience using MS Excel
- Experience working on complex financial analysis