Our emphasis on innovation and its source – dedicated employees – keeps us looking for talented individuals who are ready to meet aggressive goals in a high-technology company constantly developing new marketing-leading products. Good people are critical to our success and, in return, we offer opportunities for personal and professional growth, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits for our diverse, global workforce.
INFICON Logistics Attendant is the starting point for building the customer order and plays a key role in order fulfillment. The Logistics Attendant will need to work in a dynamic environment that requires switching between a variety of receiving, shipping, and material handling tasks.
- Responsibilities within the logistics center will be based on workload and can include the following duties.
- Receiving activities: unload incoming supplier shipments, count, unpack inventory, inspect shipments for shortage, damages, or defects. Compare information on packing slips with purchase orders to verify accuracy of supplier shipment. Accurately transact in SAP and then stage items for proper storage.
- Material Handling activities: involves part put away and picks referencing correct location, correct quantity per bin in the Automated Storage Retrieval System (AS/RS), high bay rack area and POU. The attendant will define the proper size bin and storage capacity required to maximize the utilization of storage units. Kanban order, production order, service repair, order fulfillment. Unpacking and preparing materials for production.
- Shipping activities: Customer orders prioritization, pick, package, weigh, label and ship in accordance to packaging guidelines and accepted practices.
- Assist in conducting inventory counts and researching inventory discrepancies on an ongoing basis.
- Required to operate industrial equipment such as: order picker at heights up to 25 feet, reach truck and sit down truck.
- Contribute to the companyâ€™s objective of continuous improvement model.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma /GED equivalent.
- Must be experienced in order fulfillment and inventory control methods and be able to perform each duty satisfactorily.
- Excellent computer skills to learn and use computer programs such as: SAP, Microsoft Office Suite and Windows based programs such as Power Pick Global enterprise which operates the Automated Storage / Retrieval System.
- Math skills and dimensional aptitude for: sizing, slotting parts, and determining storage capacities.
- This position will require to stand for 8 hours or more in a workday. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs repetitively without mechanical lift assist.
- Strong organizational, time management skills, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Work independently and as a team player with the ability to successfully prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- SAP experience highly desired.
- Additional college coursework in Business Administration and / or Computer Information Systems is preferred.
- Forklift certification is preferred.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.