INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located at INFICON’s U.S. headquarters in East Syracuse, NY. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
- Assemble, repair and rework assemblies efficiently with minimal supervision, while producing an output that is thorough and exact
- Assemble and test mechanical and vacuum components using test equipment, fixtures, engineering drawings and operational method sheets
- Perform in a fast paced manufacturing environment, while maintaining high quality and on-time delivery
- Perform functional testing on products produced using specialized test equipment
- Support all areas of the production area as required
- Perform data collection effectively by using Microsoft Office products and current data collection methods
- Maintain inventory and perform transactions utilizing our inventory control system
- An Associate degree in Mechanical Technology or related field and 1 year of experience in mechanical and/or electrical assembly required. Will consider applicants that have a minimum of 2 years work experience in mechanical and/or electrical assembly in lieu of a degree.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail required.
- Must be capable of reading engineering drawings and assembly specifications
- Must have ability to use a variety of mechanical tools and use electronic test equipment (DMM, Oscilloscope, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated while remaining part of a close knit team
- Strong priority and time management skills
- Ability to multitask
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- SAP knowledge preferred
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.