Procurement Subcontracts Analyst
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Science and Technology on a Mission!
For more than 60 years, the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) has applied science and technology to make the world a safer place.
We have openings for Subcontract Analysts who will solicit, negotiate, award and administer various types of subcontracts for equipment, materials, supplies, fabrications and services. You will, in accordance with applicable regulations, negotiate and administer various moderate to high value dollar, fixed price, cost reimbursable, unique and/or unusual complex subcontracts. These positions are in the Supply Chain Management Department.
These positions will be filled at either the F04.3 or F04.4 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
– Apply and interpret established procurement policies, procedures and processes, including those that are complex and may require in-depth analysis and interpretation; ensure compliance with internal and external business standards, and DOE/NNSA requirements.
– Assist organizations in all activities related to the placement of complex subcontracts, including developing statements-of-work, identifying sources and participating in overall acquisition planning.
– Review requisitions for completeness, ensure appropriate subcontract form, identifying prospective bidders, participate in vendor surveys, prepare and issue solicitations.
– Evaluate quotations and proposals, determine final vendor selection, negotiate applicable terms and conditions, negotiate price and delivery terms, award subcontracts within signature authority or prepare subcontract for signature by appropriate signature level.
– Administer moderate to high dollar value subcontracts from award through close-out, including the development and maintenance of file documentation, vendor performance, issuance of change orders, negotiation of subcontract modifications, review and approval of invoices for payment, and review of documentation for subcontract close-out.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the F04.4 Level
– Evaluate and administer the most complex subcontracts from award through close-out including frequent negotiation of multi-faceted, high dollar value, unique or specialized requirements.
– Interpret technical specifications, drawings, and processes at a level required to actively participate in discussions of technical requirements with vendors, managers and programmatic scientists and engineers.
– Function as a project leader and/or serve as a supervisor or mentor to other subcontract analysts in the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
– Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
– Significant experience negotiating and administering subcontracts with unusual and/or complex terms and conditions.
– Significant experience applying cost and price analysis techniques to determine best value for an organization.
– Working knowledge of theories, practices, procurement techniques and methods such as DOE Acquisition Regulations (DEAR)s and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)s, cost accounting standards, business law, government regulations, commercial business practices and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
– Experience developing and writing a variety of contract types, including fixed price and cost reimbursable contracts.
– Proven ability to analyze and solve complex problems that are diverse and multi-faceted, including sound decision-making skills with ability to be innovative, assess complex situations, recommend appropriate actions and implement solutions.
– Advanced verbal and written communication and strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively within a diverse team environment, program managers, clients, customers and external vendors and in providing a high level of customer service.
– Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work in a faced-paced environment while simultaneously handling a diverse and varied workload, including ability to work independently toward goals and objectives.
In Addition at the F04.4 Level
– Extensive experience drafting, negotiating, awarding and administering high dollar value, highly unusual and complex subcontracts, including advanced knowledge of government and commercial subcontracts using best value techniques and determining reasonableness of cost and price.
– Experience or demonstrated ability to supervise, lead and/or mentor subcontract analysts and provide assistance to other subcontract analysts.
– Experience interpreting complex technical specifications, drawings and processes in order to effectively engage with a diverse range of staff including vendors, managers and programmatic scientists and engineers.
Note: This listing has multiple openings; these are Career Indefinite positions. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for these positions.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL’s mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $1.8 billion, employing approximately 6,500 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For full application instructions and position description, visit http://apptrkr.com/1392881