INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative
technologies that enhances productivity and quality in
sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by
INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement,
and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the
complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for
optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum
coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and
has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United
States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world.
This position will be located at INFICON’s U.S. headquarters in
East Syracuse, NY. For more detailed information about INFICON,
please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
The Quality Engineer reports to the Director of Production
Development & Excellence. The Quality Engineer is a member of
the Production Development & Excellence Team and owns defining
and ensuring quality as part of the product and production
development process. The PDE team is responsible for the
development of production processes and products in collaboration
with the design team, design for manufacture, collaborating on
production fixturing & test equipment, process control, process
development, continuous lean improvement, and training.
Together with the PDE team, the Quality Engineer is responsible
for defining and validating key characteristics, SPC targets, part
requirements, and specifications to ensure the development of
robust high yielding production processes and products from concept
to implementation. This position is a key partner in driving
excellence in production.
The quality engineer must be able to work and influence cross
â€“functionally as this position will interface
with R&D, Product Development, Process Engineering team,
Operations Production team, Operations Quality team, and Product
Specific duties include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Define key characteristics along the product development
stage-gate process to ensure producability and quality.
- Define targets for Statistical Process Control (SPC) and
Statistical Process Monitoring (SPM) to be implemented in
Production in coordination with the Process Engineering Team.
Define value and pro-active action plans for each
- Own and process DFMEA and PFMEA during the product development
and launch process.
- Coordinate with Supplier Quality Engineers and Advanced
Purchasing on Critical to Quality (CTQ) requirements for new
- Coordinate and transfer SPC/SPM monitoring from development to
operations quality team.
- Develop and transfer measurement plans, equipment, and data
requirements from product development phase to the Operations
production team and Vendors where appropriate.
- Contribute to PDE team direction definition including
production technology direction, equipment and process
standardization, and new process development for future customer
- Minimal requirement: BS in Engineering/Science with 3-5+
yearsâ€™ experience in progressively more
responsible engineering and/or Quality roles with a strong
preference for at least 5+ years of quality experience.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt with Strong Preference for Black
- Demonstrated knowledge in implementing, monitoring, and
deriving value from Statistical Process Control (SPC) and
Statistical Process Monitoring (SPM)
- Demonstrated history of defining quality as part of both
product development and production processes.
- Experience in high cleanliness, tight tolerance, and high mix
- Demonstrated experience in diverse measurement systems
including CMM, optical CMM, laser, vision recognition.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and simultaneously oversee
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self motivated to achieve and promote high levels of
- Lifelong learner; technologically savvy.
- Ability and willingness to travel; up to 10% (includes
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a
competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, competitive benefits
package, and relocation assistance.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application
process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply
without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin,
citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability
status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other
protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal
employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations
to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are
interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and
require special assistance or an accommodation during the
application process, please contact Human Resources at
315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable
accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.