INFICON is a growing, global,
leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and
quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON
are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are
vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of
semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar
cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in
Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United
States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position
will be located at INFICON’s U.S. headquarters in East Syracuse, NY. For more
detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
- Responsible for testing precision electronic
instruments and sensors in accordance with Engineering specifications and
Operational Method Sheets.
- Perform functional testing on products produced using
standard test equipment, vacuum chambers and leak detectors .
- Ensure product conformance and be able to troubleshoot
systems to sub-assembly level using standard test equipment such as
oscilloscope and DVM.
- Record test results and unit histories into various
- Assemble repair/rework units efficiently with minimum
- An Associate degree (AAS) in Mechanical Technology or
related field and 1 year of experience in mechanical and/or electrical
assembly required. Will consider applicants that have a minimum of 2 years
work experience in mechanical and/or electrical assembly in lieu of a
- Must be organized and keep accurate records.
- Must communicate and collaborate effectively across
- Will be expected to interface effectively with
supervision and work in a team based environment.
- Must be comfortable using PC’s and be proficient in
Microsoft Office applications.
- May be required to lift moderately heavy instruments
(up to 40 lbs) on a weekly basis. Must have a reasonable level of manual
- Experience in the use of vacuum gauges, valves and
fittings are preferred.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring
that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job
seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national
origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status,
genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic.
A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to
providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental
disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity
at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the
application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100.
Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a